Thursday, July 19, 2012

Friends







I like to listen to other peoples conversations, when I am out and about.
You know, to keep my finger on the pulse of my surroundings...


I was out recently, sitting next to a couple of youngish, professional type gals.
They were reviewing resumes together, over a cocktail.
I would bet they were in accounting, based on the things they mentioned.


After weeding out unqualified applicants, there conversation turned personal.
In that totally uncomfortable, vague colleague you now have to get to know kind of way...


One asked "Do you like TV?"
Seriously.
They respectively listed there preferred television programs. 


Then they got to talking about Friends.


People actually still talk about that show?
Really?


They compared favorite characters, with Ross and Chandler sharing top honors in their world.


Really?
People determining the career paths of recent college grads still talk about the television show Friends?


The whole thing made me uneasy...



No comments: