Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shoe Designers





I know a few folks who design shoes.

They are nice people and I think they're great...
Intelligent, witty, creative for the most part.


They really get into the problem/solution part of design.





Man, a trip sporty shoe shopping with KVC really left me thinking...

Are they just fucking with us at this point?


I mean, that spring shoe thing, that was a joke, right?
That was the start of it.

And then those shoes shaped like a rocking chair on the bottom. Right, funny.

This most recent trip revealed a new trend of expansion foam formed into crazy shapes.
Come on...
That doesn't seem like you are even really trying. That was a Friday idea, right?

Those fucking foot gloves? Now, that is pretty funny...
Better than the rubber things that get glued on the bottom of peoples feet, I think.
Of course selling a scrap of rubber that people glue onto their feet is really good.

Selling minimal shoes to the barefoot running crowd speaks to some extra wacky logic on both the design and consumer side, I guess


Shoe designers, you are just messing with us at this point...

Right?


No comments: