Thursday, July 8, 2010

PaperMonster


We rambled out to the first First Friday art walk thing we have been here for, since living in Philly.
A late start kept our gallery walkin' close to home.

Right here in the NoLib (my abbreviation, nobody else seems to say that) neighborhood.




I had read about this opening and figured it was worth the shoe leather to get there, art by some dude calling himself PaperMonster.


Kind of an odd show.
Lots of work, all using the exact same approach/theme thing.

Big, black surface + female face comprised of little paper pictures cut out...
It was like seeing how PaperMonster works out his process.
Most all the work looking nearly the same.
Variation in basic form and detail only.


There were a couple of random laser etched skate decks tossed in, which only added to me thinking I was seeing an idea getting sorted out...
We are bringing one of those home, so I guess I liked them and maybe the whole show.

There is proof that KVC and I were in attendance, if you look for it, in the link.
That is our red dot on one of the walls...

PaperMonster is doing an artist's talk thing later this month at the gallery...
If you missed the opening, perhaps you can check it then.


We made one other stop on our abbreviated art gawk walk.
A jury curated thing...
Those seem to never quite work.
So, I will stop yapping about that.
Some decent, or interesting work mixed with some stuff that occupied space.


Go look at some art...
Or better yet, go make some.

No comments: