Saturday, April 10, 2010

Billy's Bike



How is it that I have gotten to be this old but still don't own a copy of Easy Rider?


And how is it that everybody is so fixated on the Captain America bike - but forgets the one that Billy rode?


Shit, this thing is so right on!

I have some serious motorcycle-itis right now.
It is spring.
It comes every year I lack a bike.






I understand that the Captain America sled is iconic and something special...

I get that.


But when I think of building a motorcycle, in my head,it really looks something like Billy's ride...

That thing is so late sixties, LA badass I am beside myself.
It is just far and away better than that flag painted job, by a mile, in style.


Without the front fender bad flame job, of course.

Hell, maybe even with the fender, just to be contrary...
And probably a couple less inches in the forks...
Maybe a slightly taller sissy bar...
And a slight revision in the pipes...

If you give me a Billy bike replica, I will shut up and stop second guessing the whole thing...at least until next winter.


Christ, I even have a suede jacket with fringe, which I promise to wear for the next six months...if you give me a bike similar to this one.

Cripes man...
I could use a motorcycle.
Like, now and shit.

3 comments:

flaminford46 said...

I agree with you, there are a lot of Captain America bikes, why not Billy's bike. I live in Birmingham Alabama, home of Barber Motorsports and Motorcycle Museum, they have an excellent copy of Captain America on display that was built for the museum, but no Billy Bike. I'm building a "Then Came Bronson" Sportster replica now, guess I just decided what my next project will be.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

NVPC said...

The National Motorcycle museum in Anamosa Iowa has the capt American bike that was in the final shot in the movie. They also have an exact copy of the Billy bike