Tuesday, November 4, 2008

America





Fuck Yeah!


Freak flag paintjobs on dragracing Corvettes.

I want to hop into this thing, take a deep swig of Jack, dump the clutch, smoke the tires and shoot a .38 revolver out the window at any street sign I pass. I want to steer this Corvette with my knee, while I reload and chase the whiskey with a beer.

I want fast, freak-power freedom!


Because this is America, god damn it!



Sure, you were expecting some political rambling.
It is election day, after all.


I have reached a zen-like state of peace with this election cycle.

I have resigned myself to the fact that regardless of the outcome, I will never get to drive a freak flag painted Corvette, while drinking and using firearms.

And that is just the start of the list of things that will be shitty and suck.
Things will keep sucking for some time.


But this is America.

There are still Corvettes, and there are a mess of guns, and booze available in most counties.

There is still hope.

No comments: