Sunday, June 29, 2008

Splaturday

Two unrelated stories are behind this posts lead:

The kid decapitated by the BatMan ride in Marrietta, GA.

The super-model jumping to here death in Manhattan, NY.



Though, I suppose there are lots of splats in this weeks news.

Democracy definitely went splat, under Mr. Mugabe.

The "white stuff" went splat into the little test ovens on the Martian lander.

The economy continues a long term splat, based on reactionary trading based on speculative newspaper articles. I continue to be amazed at the seeming lack of actual forethought or intelligence within NYSE. The article that the Wall Street Journal printed on GM sent traders scurrying like roaches trying to avoid the big boot splat. Yet if you actually read the article you notice that is largely speculative. I thought we all already new that GM was floundering like a row boat with a bowling ball sized hole in the bottom? What changed, following the articles publication?

I could go on with that for a while.
Eh.


I hear that Old Navy is selling flip-flops for a dollar a pair right now. That should be good for the economy. Combine dollar flip-flops with some combo-plate special at Applebee's and well timed stimulus checks - economic shit will be right back on track in no time.

I also notice that there are people here putting stickers on their cars - the stickers are pictures of flip-flops. You know, like white vinyl graphical outlines of flip-flops.

I suppose the stickers are an attempt to demonstrate that the owner/driver of the vehicle is comfortable, even proud of, his/her casual foot-loose lifestyle. Perhaps an marker to help the owner/driver identify other members of the flip-floppy tribe.

Alternately, the stickers allow flip-flop haters like myself to focus, target, my rage at idiotic lovers of the flip-flop. I have actually contemplated which hammer would be best for smashing out windows with flip-flop stickers. I have imagined the scratches and cuts inflicted on the atrocious, nearly bare flip-flopper feet on broken glass. Just the idea of it makes me smile...


Mmm, that was a bit divergent, wasn't it.


Anyway, back to Splaturday, how about the poisonous tomatoes that continue to have folks going splat in their bathrooms? I am beginning to think the source is Bin Laden, based on the time it is taking to find anything out...

No comments: