Friday, June 20, 2008

Hey Dave



An old pal checked in here the other day, always nice to hear from random voices of the past.

He mentioned having a Honda 750, which got me thinking about the 900SuperSport I had while in Seattle.
I really liked that bike - and I left a dual seat on it.
Sure it was top heavy, had a flexy frame and all that.
It just needed some love.
I found it with the factory rearsets and race header already installed, swapped the bars for some with a lower rise and stuck a GoldWing fork on it for the adjustability and thicker legs. I trimmed all of the non-essential gimcrack off.
Oh, and I eventually hit all the tin with some black paint.

That was a fun bike.
It made me feel like a slow Freddie Spencer.
Getting that thing through corners fast was like wrestling an angry pig. Knees, elbows and ass had to be shook in just the right sequence to get from one corner to the next.

It dropped a valve on a commute home one day and broke my heart.
So, I sold it to a restorer guy...

No comments: