Sunday, October 14, 2007

T Blogging - Fear

Usually, there are pictures associated with the T Blog installments. Not this time. This episode is all about Fear.

See, the big battle in this whole bit of me building a car is, well, I am building a whole fuckin' car. That is a big thing.
It's not like a drawing, or a painting, or a bowl of pasta - it is a few thousand pounds of danger and speed.
This shit could kill somebody. It could kill me.

That is some heavy shit to ponder.

It has hung in the back of my head, since this whole deal got real.

I have cheated injury on a skateboard. I have near missed our maker a few times on the back of a motorcycle.
I have skipped over those details in the process. As I modified motorcycles to loose some pounds or gain some performance, I was able to look past some of the included dangers packaged in the details.

Goin' ground up on this Model T sports car thing I am building, though, it is all on me. See, doubts add time. I question this weld, I look three times at that bolt. That shit all means something. It may mean life or death

Anyway, I was looking at things - again. I was listening to some Metallica (Where Ever I May Roam, if you must know).

I think I may have had a "moment of clarity" as the tipplers say.

It occured to me that the experiences I have had in the process of making things, of bolting bits together are the shit that people tell stories of. I am doing more than building a car. I am building a bit of my own history.

Maybe I wipe a cam. I might even crack the frame I built.

How many people get to say that?

Maybe I break it. Perhaps there are bits that could work better. Shit, the Sausage Creature (get on your HST reading if you don't know who the Sausage Creature is)might lurk at the end of highway some off ramp.

So, I think I have gotten on speaking terms with the Fear. The two of us will push through the stuff that needs to get done to build a car. We'll go on a drive together...




Go listen to DJ B Mellow, on KEXP. He is rockin' it tonight, and you are a cracker that could use some black and brown.

1 comment:

Garbageday said...

The 'A' looks great!

Think of it this way, those bodies originally had a wood frame. I was already scared:)