Monday, October 22, 2007

Billy Bragg

Why is it that the limey guys are so good at writing these songs? A few hundred years of bitchin' about politics ahead of us I suppose...



I met Mr. Bragg some years ago, while KVC and I were living in Seattle. He played one of those lunch time shows at work. I think, maybe, a dozen folks showed up. Regardless, he played an amazing set. He talked about life between songs. I took him for a drink, afterwards. It seemed liked he deserved more then he got, for his efforts.

We talked about this and that. He seemed like a guy on the road. More able to talk about life while on a stage. Good guy, none the less.

Anyway, I am reading "Fiasco" at present. The story of the lead up to our most present and ongoing war in Iraq.

This song seemed like a good segway to my coming review...

1 comment:

alexis said...

i wish i had known this a few years ago. i watched daves dad interview him and had the chance to meet him, but i turned it down because i am lame.
if i had known better billy and i could have shared a beer and talked about you.