Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Rubes




Yesterday, I was reading through some comments on a friends social media post.

It was a post about net neutrality.


And there it was, a comment plainly stating this was all about an Obama era enacted rule, impeding freedom.


That was posted by somebody I only know through the internet.
But a person that seemed cool, intelligent, maybe even worldly and with a slight conservative bend.

Others replied with shock, "Dude, have you looked at this issue at all?"


I am still a bit stunned by it.

What sort of blinders does one have to wear to come to that conclusion?
That this FCC move is about Obama stifling internet freedom?
Conservative media tunnel vision, is that it?

Fuck me, man...

Low information voters don't care much about access to information, I guess.

No comments: