Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ted Cruz




I am going to come out and admit that I actually learned something from Ted Cruz's pointless senate babblepoluza the other day.


Admittedly, most of what came out of his mouth was as useful and truthful as the stories you get from people panhandling gas money in parking lots, but none the less, I gained knowledge...


Until his blathering inclusion of Duck Dynasty in his oratory, along with details of the show, I had somehow imagined all this recent duck-hype was somehow related to a new version of the awful cartoon Duck Tales.
I had no knowledge of this Duck Dynasty show.

I can be a bit oblivious to media, I guess...



So, really, there is a TV show about nouveau riche, red-neck, duck call making people - all of the mystery and magic generated by their family dynamics - and 11.8 million people watch that - for entertainment?

Really?
That show exists as a desirable form of entertainment?
Nearly twelve million folks sit down to watch that?

Well, that's great, I guess...

No comments: