Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finding Faith

I was reading something a while back about real people "finding their faith" or "getting in touch with their faith."

I really don't know where I am going with this post, but seeing those words confused me...
What does that mean, getting in touch with your faith?
Like calling it up and chatting for a while?

I guess I am not much of a God guy.  I don't really hang out with the church goers and such.  I do not have much exposure to that sort of talk, or thinking, or belief.
I have read religious texts, I mean more than just the Jesus stuff.  A pretty broad cross section of religious writings, examinations and explanations in an effort to comprehend people.
These sort of faithful expressions are like abstract paintings, to me.  I look at them and try to apply some understanding that makes sense.

I struggle with that, at times...
Maybe it is a jealousy, thinking that I am missing out on something.

I just don't have that part, the bit that suspends reason.
I have had experiences that were nothing short of magical, or influenced by something.  I just don't apply some arching premise on those things.  I don't try to get in touch with whatever.  Sometimes good shit happens, sometimes bad.

Faith is one of those vague, personal feely things.  I don't really need you to try to explain the word or the premise to me, or to talk to me about it at all.
I get it and I don't understand it...

No comments: