Monday, August 30, 2010

This Will Help



I don't know about you, but this weekend's media diet left me wondering how we simply haven't imploded under the weight of our collective national suck.


The FoxNews-apalooza thing, with Beck and Palin blathering to a sea folks wearing red, white and blue t-shirts covered in conservative crazy talk slogans.

People hoping to "take America back.."
Which is an expression which sort of baffles me.
Back from what or who?
Shit is still fairly much fucked up the same way it has been since I can remember...
Are they hoping to take it back to like the Eisenhower era?
Don't tell me it's Reagan, because I was around for that and it was well fucked.


Plus, the Emmy's...
Which I could give pretty piss about, but it justs adds to the din.

People have actual careers based on their ability to ask what kind of clothing other people are wearing, on camera.
We, as a civilization, apparently have a great interest in knowing the name of the designer of some clothing we will never even consider purchasing...
Because it seemed like there was more of that sort of thing than the actual delivery of awards.


Good Lord.

It makes one question the value of life...


That is, until you watch this video.
One viewing of this and everything will make more sense, it will seem better...
Faith in your fellow man will be restored.



No comments: